Federazione Italiana Carrom
Federazione Italiana Carrom
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Member Spotlight
amar.sanakal
amar.sanakal
amar.sanakal's Profile
 All Forums
 Tornei
 News
 #carromathome#
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elisa
Golden Striker

Italy
708 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2020 :  10:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Elisa's Homepage  Send Elisa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LETTER TO EUROPEAN CARROM FEDERATION

Dear Carrom Friends,

I never thought I would be addressing such words to our community but we are living in an extraordinary and difficult time. The spread of the Covid19 which seemed a far away problem just a few weeks ago is now affecting our daily lives in a major way all over Europe and many parts of the world. As an Italian I have been very touched by the many messages of concern and solidarity I received from our global carrom community. Alas, Italy is no longer an isolated case in Europe. The growth of the number of infected people in Europe is exponential and although not all governments and citizens are reacting in the same way I really believe that the only way forward is to slow down the spread of contagion by sensible behaviour. Essentially this means staying at home as much as possible. It will not stop the spread of the virus but it will contain the speed of contagion and help our doctors and health care workers to deal with the situation with less pressure and more chance to save lives.

I strongly urge all European Federations to temporarily stop all tournaments. We are lucky, we can still practice and play our wonderful game at home with our partners and families. Let us not wait for restrictions to be imposed but set a good example ourselves.

We cannot predict what will happen in the next few months and of course we hope that Eurocup and World Championships may still be scheduled but we must be prepared for changes and not make too many plans. In the next weeks together with Polish Carrom Association we will send out more information.

Please share this with all concerned.

Let’s stay positive, stay safe and stay at home!

Elisa Zucchiatti

Elisa Zucchiatti
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Federazione Italiana Carrom © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000